Ropes Course Programs are designed for students ages eight to eighteen. We have a one to ten instructor to student ratio for this type of program. Cost for the program ranges from $35 to $45 dollars per participant (depending on the total number).
- Instructors introduce themselves to the students and explain the focus of the day’s activities.
- Students perform a group activity with entire group.
- Students are split into groups of ten.
- Each group works on initiative problems, which will require students to communicate and cooperate with each other to obtain a specific goal.
- During this session students will learn to trust one another by spotting, lifting, and supporting each other on the low challenge course.
- Each initiative and challenge activity begins with an introduction and ends with a debriefing, designed to show the groups how they performed and what improvements they can make.
- At the end of the session we will bring all the groups together and give them another group activity.
- A group debriefing will conclude the morning session.
- The afternoon session begins with an introduction to the high challenge course and the climbing wall, students will be asked to push their perceived limits by climbing high course elements.
- No student will be forced to climb or participate in these activities, but each student will be encouraged to try the activities.
- High challenge course activities work on student’s self-confidence and teach them to trust their belayers and the equipment being used.
- A group debriefing will usually conclude the afternoon session.
- Students will be asked what they have learned and how they can use what was learned in their lives.
- Any questions or thoughts will be discussed and/or answered.
- Students and chaperones will be thanked for their participation and willingness to try new activities.